Sunday, March 5, 2017

I Love Hockey - Day 5 #sol17

Each sport has a personality and an unmistakable sound. In high school, I used to help collect tickets at the door of the gym for basketball games. The sound of basketball shoes squeaking on a hardwood floor takes me right back to those days.

My favorite sport is hockey. My team is the Columbus Blue Jackets. I usually tune into the games when they are broadcast on TV. There is nothing better than being at the game but watching on TV is a close second. Throughout the course of the season, I rarely miss a game.

Did I say I LOVE HOCKEY!

The clack of sticks on the ice.
The cold crisp air.
The bang of bodies against the boards.                              
The spray of ice as skates skid to a stop.
The band of a puck on the goal post.
The whistle from the linesman.
A hard-to-come-by hat trick.
The crowd chanting and cheering.
The cannon blasting in celebration.
Yes, I love hockey!

4 comments:

  1. I played hockey on a co-ed team until a was 14 -- then NO GIRLS ALLOWED and there were not any girl teams. I became the team manager. I love hockey!!! Neither of my boys ever played -they became skier at an early age and you cannot do both. Thank you for bringing me back to that time in my life.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my dad took me to my first hockey game. I was so excited because I didn't often get to do things with my dad and the game was nothing I had ever experienced before. Your post brought me right back to that memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are big hockey fans in my house too. However, we have one differing opinion. We are CHICAGO BLACKHAWK fans. Next time we play Columbus, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Talkworthyhas been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Elementary Teacher Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/elementary_teacher_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Elementary Teacher Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    ​Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete